How do you set your intention for the day? Beginning each and every day with intentionality and clarity will give you the best opportunity to move through your day with ease and grace.
I call this exercise. . . “before your feet hit the floor.” During our recent CYL Skamania Retreat with Dr. Sue Morter, she reminded me of the importance in being balanced and centered before your feet hit the floor every morning! She further instructed us to do “Central Chanel Breathing” as a way to get clear and ready for your day.
What’s your morning routine, and does it involved some time and space to breathe and get clear before you even get out of bed? Try this exercise and notice how your day changes and unfolds in a magically different way. This is a very shortened version of Dr. Sue’s amazing central channel breathing.
- As you wake up in the morning, instead of jumping out of bed right away, sit quietly, breathe, be still, silent and simply listen. Gently breathe.
- With your eyes closed, visualize about 2 feet above your head a beautiful golden column of light streaming into your body and down through your feet. You are breathing from your 9th and 10th chakras into your body to embody consciousness.
- Inhale this beautiful golden light through the top of your head into your belly. Visualize this light streaming slowly into your body clearing the pathway into your belly.
- Then as you exhale visualize that light shooting directly down through the lower part of your body, down your legs and out into mother earth grounding you.
- Then inhale that light up through your legs into your belly and then exhale up through your head.
- Do this for as long as you need until you feel clear, centered and completely integrated into your body…and then you are ready to begin your day with embodying consciousness.